EYES has been in operation since 1995. Today, EYES offers a variety of programs including: in-school workshops, day camps, All Girls day camps, satellite camps in
EYES has been in operation since 1995. Today, EYES offers a variety of programs including: in-school workshops, day camps, all-girls day camps, satellite camps in Assiniboia, Balcarres, Weyburn, Moose Jaw, Foam Lake, Esterhazy, Estevan, Swift Current, and Shaunavon, and a winter club program. We reach under-served populations in Regina and in 2016, we ran thirteen weeks of free programming in disadvantaged communities. We are partnered with the Open Door society to offer camp programming for newcomers to Canada. EYES engaged over 15,000 southern Saskatchewan youth in 2016, and we are hoping to continue this trend in 2017. The success the program has enjoyed would not be possible without the tremendous support it receives from the University of Regina, Actua, local and national funders, as well as numerous individual supporters.
The EYES Program aggressively pursues the inclusion children for whom various barriers may exist, preventing them from participating in our programs. Satellite camps provide opportunities for youth who are unable to travel to Regina for camps or who may feel uncomfortable in a university environment.
Our financial assistance program provides opportunities to children for whom the camp fee presents a barrier.
We also provide free camps and workshops to selected community schools in Regina which are situated in neighbourhoods with a low household income and high Aboriginal population
We are proud to have a week of camp for newcomers to Canada thanks to our partnership with the Open Door Society.
EYES recognizes the need for more women in non-traditional roles. Our All-Girls Day Camp program is dedicated to helping girls see that science is for everyone and to give them confidence in their scientific abilities.
EYES Staff Mandatory Training
All EYES staff have and are required to have the following up to date training:
- Positive Safety Network through URPride
- Indigenous Engagement Training in built in partnership with Treaty 4 Education Alliance
- First Aid CPR/AED
- Classroom Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Hazardous Material and Safety
- In 2017, the camp provided 19 full-time summer jobs for university students in a variety of disciplines.
- In 2017, EYES provided over %15,000 in bursaries to campers in need
- EYES programming reached over 17,000 southern Saskatchewan youth in 2015
- Over 1,250 kids enjoyed the EYES Summer Camp
- EYES is a non-profit organization
- EYES is a member of Actua and proud of it
Since 1995 we have reached 214,684 youth through a variety of programs!
Since 2009, we have
- Reached 12,000 youth through week long camp programming
- Reached 131,127 youth through in school workshop programs
- Hired 179 undergraduate students
- Travelled to 438 communities to deliver hands on workshops
- Delivered 6622 workshops in classrooms
Since 2010, we have visited 812 different schools across southern Saskatchewan
Since starting out workshops in 2013 we have reached 313 youth through weekend club programs
Summer Job Opportunities
Hiring for summer 2020 is currently suspended due to COVID-19. We are working towards alternative options to bring you camps and programming, but at this time can make no guarantees. To see more about what the University is doing in response to COVID-19, please visit: https://www.uregina.ca/covid-19/