What do gummy worms, computers, and pianos have in common? Nothing, expect when you put them all together you can create a piano on the computer controlled by a gummy worm!
- 1 gummy worm per group of two students.
- 1 small container of playdoh per group of two students.
- 1 controller printout per group of two students (attached)
- 1 MaKey Makey classic kit per group of two students.
- 1 computer per group of two students.
- Computer must be preloaded with: https://makeymakey.com/piano/
MaKey Makey: An Invention Kit for Everyone is an electronic invention tool and toy that allows users to connect everyday objects to computer programs. Using a circuit board, alligator clips, and a USB cable, the toy uses closed loop electrical signals to send the computer either a keyboard stroke or mouse click signal. This function allows the MaKey Makey to work with any computer program or webpage that accepts keyboard or mouse click inputs. Essentially, a MaKey Makey can replace your keyboard and mouse!
OM1.1 & OM1.2
EL6.1, EL6.2 & EL6.3
CE9.1, CE9.2 & CE9.3
7A, 7B & 7C Design Thinking
8 Electrical Safety
9 Debugging Circuits
11A & 11B Basic Electricity
13A, 13B & 13C Electronic Components
14A & 14B Drawing Circuits
25A & 25B Psudeocode
26A & 26B Block Based Coding
27 Syntax and Organization
29 Debugging Code
CCX.1 & CCX.2 (X=1-5)
CCY.4, CCY.8 (Y=6-9)