EYES Workshops for Teachers
We are currently planning to offer workshops as we have in the past, with the addition of planning a virtual workshop program in the case that we are unable to offer in person programming. We are working to ensure that we can offer the high-quality program that you have grown to appreciate with everyone’s safety and well being being our top priority.
- In school workshops are booked for the month of May & June, with registration opening in March 1st.
- During a workshop the EYES team visits your school to provide 45 jam-PACKED minutes of STEM excitement.
- Workshops are updated yearly, so stay tuned!
- Each grade has two curriculum aligned workshops available, and all workshops involve digital literacy and technological components!
Workshops are free, all we ask in exchange is that you book us as a school! This helps us reach more students and create a schedule that maximizes our time while minimizing travel.
Closer to Saskatoon? Due to the overwhelming requests that we receive each year, we ask that you book with our pals at Sci-Fi! They are our sister program at the University of Saskatchewan. You can find them here.
Before booking, there are some important things you need to know:
- Workshops much be booked online using the following form
- Completion for the form does not guarantee we will be able to visit your school. We will do everything we can, but unfortunately we are unable to reach everyone.
- We ask for your unavailability. This allows us to schedule road trips around a series of schools in a single area, allowing is too minimize travel and keep the cost free. The more unavailability you have, the harder it is for us to schedule you.
- Please book your workshops as a school if possible. If you need to book as an individual class please contact us directly.
To register review the Teacher Handout 2022 to read the descriptions of our workshops as well as their curriculum connections. Choose which workshops you would like to see in each of your classes! Click the Register button to fill out the form. We will be in touch once your registration is confirmed. Due to the high number of registrations, we will not answer requests regarding the status of your registration.
Paper Registration: If you do not have access to our digital registration form, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you our paper registration form.
Actua provides training, resources and support to its national network of members located at universities and colleges across Canada in the delivery of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education outreach programming. Each year, these members engage over 225,000 youth in 500 communities nationwide. Please visit Actua at www.actua.ca.